Whether you are still in school, just starting your career, or an experienced professional, GAMCO Investors, Inc. is always looking for top PhDs to join our staff.
Assistant Treasurer — Gabelli Funds
GAMCO Investors, Inc. is an investment manager founded in 1976 by legendary value investor Mario Gabelli. We are seeking an experienced assistant treasurer to join our team.
The Company's assets under management are organized principally in Mutual Funds and separately managed accounts. The company trades on the New York Stock exchange under the symbol GBL, and is headquartered in Rye, New York with additional US locations in Charleston, Greenwich, Palm Beach, Reno and St. Louis with international locations in London, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
- Shareholder reports (semiannual and annual)
- Regulatory filings (N-PORT, N-CEN, NMFP, 24f-2, etc.) and coordinate internal sourced documentation for all regulatory filings
- Prospectuses/shelf offerings
- Quarterly board meeting materials
- Expenses, including expense payment and expense budget process with Fund Administrator
- Tax information (tax returns, tax provisions, capital gains/income distributions)
- Coordinate the production calendar with the service provider and ensure all deadlines are met
- Coordinate financial statement comments from internal and external parties
- Coordinate the annual audit with multiple external auditors
- Prepare support for prospectus and statement of additional information annual updates
- Provide oversight of third-party accounting, custody and fund administration service providers
- Assist with the development and maintenance of internal controls and procedures for processes under your responsibility
- Oversee daily cash availability and nightly NAV movement reporting with Fund Administrator - this would be for both the European funds (one U.K. closed end fund and three Luxembourg SICAVs) and the U.S. funds.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field
- 5+ years of fund administration experience with a focus on accounting and regulatory reporting, especially on mutual funds and the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Prior experience within asset management or financial services
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Able to work in collaborative and team environment
- CPA is a plus
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Submitting Resumes
GAMCO Investors, Inc. is a dynamic and aggressive firm seeking bright, energetic individuals with an entrepreneurial attitude and an interest in the financial services industry. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to RRose@gabelli.com for consideration. Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and reside in the metro NY area. Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are interested in a position that is not listed please email a cover letter specifying your area of interest and your resume to RRose@gabelli.com.