Follow our ESG Team on Twitter @InvestESG
Why is ESG Investing Compelling?Sustainable, ESG and Impact Investing are growing due to:
- Supporting research showing performance benefit when companies manage ESG risks
- Investor belief that ESG related information enhances investment decision making
- Investors' desire to mobilize capital to address global problems
- Investors' desire to align value into portfolios
- Interest in improving corporate responsibility and transparency
The GAMCO AdvantageOur involvement in socially responsive investing started in 1987 and we understand the needs and objectives of such investors
- Experience in responsible investing dates back to 1987
- Fundamental research driven culture along core competencies
- History uncovering trends and long term investment opportunities
- Long term investment horizon with low turnover
- Investment process includes meeting regularly with companies
- Active voice on governance issues
Investment ApproachOur ESG investment approach incorporates:
- Consideration of material ESG issues
- Use of specialized ESG research, in addition to our proprietary research
- Thematic Investments
- Customized social screens
- Connection to financial impact and portfolio decision
- Custom values alignment since 1987
|Composite Name||Inception Date|
ESG Policy Statement
We believe in and are committed to the idea of corporate responsibility. Today, companies have a unique set of Environmental, Social, and Governance(ESG) challanges in a world where resources are diminishing. This, along with changing customer preferences across industries, presents both business challenges and opportunities. As long term investors, we need to better understand the ESG issues that affect the companies in which we invest.
GAMCO has been focused on corporate managements role to create shareholder value since its founding in 1977. In this effort, our investment professionals spend many hours meeting with management to support transparency across many issues. We actively vote over 3,000 proxies annually. We believe in strong governance that benefits shareholders over the long term.
We are active investors that utilize our own deep fundamental research based on our Private Market Value with a Catalyst investment methodology. We leverage ESG research services to enhance our process. GAMCO has the ability to manage All Cap and Small Cap portfolios with a customized ESG framework. Our capability can incorporate fossil free mandates as well as integrate certain sustainable themes.
We employ a fundamental bottom-up Private Market Value with a Catalyst™ approach to the investment process. Our primary focus is to identify companies that are selling at discounts to their Private Market Value (PMV) while incorporating ESG.
Columbia University - MBA
Columbia University - MBA
Important InformationPast performance is no guarantee of future results. The compound annual growth rates (“Performance”) set forth in the preceding page are derived from a composite that represents 15 accounts with an aggregate market value of $76.0 Million in the ESG/SRI Team Value strategy as of 12/31/18. Not all accounts managed in the SRI Value strategy are included in the composite. The average and median account size of the accounts in the composite is $5.1 Million and $5.9 Million, respectively. The largest account is valued at $8.9 Million and the smallest account at $605.1 Thousand. The composite represents fully discretionary accounts managed for the full period under measurement. The composite began on 10/31/11. The standard deviation of the composite returns is 0.9 %. Accounts in the composite are valued using trade date accounting and are timeweighted. The performance results include the reinvestment of dividends, interest, and/or capital gains as of the payment date. The performance results set forth are net of actual fees and actual transaction costs. All performance results are before taxes and custodial fees.
Subscribe to our Newsletter